- - Composition Methods - -
Cubase (sequencing + mixing)
Chipsounds (Plogue) (rendering of ostinati w/ delay & drums : 2 x 2A03 pulse channels + 2A03 noise channel)
FM8 (Native Instruments) (rendering of other non-drums instruments : 5 x FM synthesis channels)
HALion 5 (Steinberg) loaded with DPCM drums samples (kick, snare & 3 toms) on one single channel
This song is my way of continuing the work of Hyakutaro Tsukumo, a composer behind many Tecno Soft's game soundtracks, and notably the elusive "Justice Ray" tracks. To my knowledge, 5 such tracks exist :
- The Justice Ray Part 1 (featured in Blast Wind, SEGA Saturn)
- The Justice Ray Part 2 (featured in Thunder Force V, SEGA Saturn & Sony PS1)
- The Justice Ray Part 3 (featured in Thunder Force VI, Sony PS2)
- The Justice Ray Part 4 (featured in Naval Ops Commander, Sony PS2)
- The Justice Ray Part 5 : The Last Howling (featured in Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX, PC & Sony PSP)
As a great fan of these songs and someone very familiar with the musical patterns used throughout them, I wanted to write an original song as "The Justice Ray Part 6". It's called "The Light Of Justice" instead so that the translation from the original title in Japanese to English is more accurate.
Submitting this to the actual 6th volume of Chiptunes = WIN felt just right, so I arranged it in a SEGA Genesis game soundtrack flavour, with 5 channels dedicated to FM sounds, 1 channel for DPCM drums samples, and 3 channels attempting to emulate sounds from the PSG chip, but with the NES 2A03 instead. Enjoy !
- - Follow CarboHydroM - -